Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Objectives for 9/19-9/23

Parents! Hopefully every week I will post the objectives for Language Arts and Math for the following week. Please talk to your student about these objectives and help them if needed!

Reading: I can make connections between two texts (text to text). I can use and understand how prefixes (un-, non-, pre-, re-) and suffixes (-ful, -less) change the meaning of words.

Writing: I can read and spell words with the vowel pair "ea." I can produce a personal narrative by using the writing process. I can use, write, and understand verbs in the past, present, and future forms.

Math: I can measure temperature by reading and using a thermometer. I can read and tell the time on an analog and digital clock. I know and understand place value up to 9,999.

Red Apples

Click here to getImages &
Red Apples Pictures - Pictures
Next week, I will also be starting a 2-week apple theme in our classroom! We'll be studying plant and fruit adaptations, measuring the mass, comparing physical properties, making "glyphs," and practicing reading and interpreting data from student made graphs. We will also be studying capacity in 2 weeks, and will make homemade applesauce as a reinforcement activity! Lots of yummy and fun activities to learn with while studying apples.

No comments: