Thursday, September 15, 2011

Parent Expectations for Teacher

So, on my 36 mile commute home, I was thinking about how to get parents more involved at school, and ways to have parents be a team with me and other teachers. I feel because of a few bad experiences on BOTH ends of situations, parents AND teachers DREAD getting a call, worried that it will be negative.

I've decided I may send homework for PARENTS next week. I want them to write a list of 5 explicit expectations they have for themselves to support their student and how they can carry it out. Also, I want them to write a list of 5 expectations from the teacher. Once I receive all of the papers back, I'm going to compile the lists and choose the top 5 expectations from both lists. I'll type these up and send them home, so the parents can put them up on their refrigerator.

What do you think?

No comments: