Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Comprehension Interventions

I've been researching some interventions for comprehension and I found some from www.jimwrightonline.com that I felt would be effective for the needs of my students! This week I'm going to implement the "Click or Clunk" method.  Basically it is teaching the student how to self-monitor comprehension while reading. After every sentence the student reads, the student says "Click" if he understands or "Clunk" if he doesn't. I think I'm going to make a card that says "click" on one side and "Clunk" on the other. Or, because I LOVE stamping, I may stamp a heart on one side to represent "Click," and an "N" on the other side to represent "Clunk." I'll take pics of the finished products and post them soon! Anybody else have ideas for comprehension interventions, especially if they're research based??

No comments: