Wednesday, March 28, 2012

PEAK Questioning Strategies Day 3

Well, I totally forgot to require the kids to answer in complete sentences today. We took a practice reading test which took up most of the day. The kids worked so hard! I'm so proud of them! Anyway, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the TRQ (Total Response Questioning). I need to inquire one of my teacher mates to explain it to me in a little more detail. The gist I get from it is that all students say the correct answer in a complete sentence. Well, I set up a Solution Station (independent aid for students in need of a hint or help) with hints to figure out the correct answer on our Math practice test that we just took. That way TOMORROW when I have time to check it all together, all of the students can agree, say, and learn the correct answer for each question. We will see how it goes.

 For my Solution Station, students are not allowed to take their paper with them, or hang around too long. If I see it being overused, it's a sign that I need to meet with that student and reteach. The students moved silently up to the station and back to their desks without distracting the other students. I'm also proud of them for being patient while another friend is looking at the Solution Station. Here are some pics!

No comments: