Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Vocabulary/Sight Word Swat Game

I'm sure this game is nothing new, however, I wanted to blog about it! Last year, I used this game with sight words (first grade). This year to make it more grade-appropriate, I use vocabulary words. All you need are two fly swatters and a dry erase board. Write a whole bunch of sight words or vocabulary words on the board. Break the class into two teams and have each team line up behind a leader.  Have two people go up to the board, call out a sight word or definition, and the first person to swat the word wins a point! I have a shy student keep track of the score using tally marks (we all have those special friends, right?) Anyway, if someone tries to help the people at the board by telling them where it is or what word it is, all points for that team are erased (too mean? never....hehe). If a team is extra good, they can earn bonus points for their team. The kids BEG me to play this game!!!! So simple and a great review! Check out some pictures I snapped!


No comments: