Monday, April 9, 2012

PEAK: Designing Lessons

Well, I've decided to start early on my planning for the last 6 weeks of school after STAAR! I wanted to try it the PEAK way so I started using some of the templates provided in the book, Teaching for Excellence by Spence Rogers. I decided to do a zoo theme for 3 weeks. So I've thought of some math concepts that would bridge 3rd and 4th grade together to expose the students (since there is NOTHING on the scope and sequence). Using the PEAK method, I've first decided on the clouding posters I will create (since those posters need to be up 2-3 weeks before the unit starts). As I'm looking over the template for ideas, I have no clue what half of the activities for Sprinkle and Shower are! I've come to the conclusion that my next chapter that I must read to complete my lesson planning is Chapter 9: Teaching and Learning Tools. I have been exposed to some throughout the year by my awesome team members, but there are several I am not aware of. I'm excited to learn some new, engaging activities to teach the content to my students. This little unit will be a trial for planning the PEAK way :).

No comments: