Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ecosystems

We've been studying ecosystems in science (Woohoo!!!!) and we're learning about different ecosystems. We recently finished rainforests, which I have a passion for. I've been to the Amazon in Ecuador and Peru, to the Dain Tree in Australia, Yucatan, and will be going to the rain forests in Thailand and Cambodia for my honeymoon! My students have been LOVING the unit! So, I decided we should create an ecosystem in each corner of my classroom. In rain forests, different plants and animals live at the different levels, so while we watched Planet Earth, the students wrote facts about them in circle maps, and correctly depicted them on trees made in groups! They turned out great! I will post a picture of it tomorrow. Next we are learning about Freshwater Habitats (mostly ponds) and focusing on Food Chains. I'll post a picture of the finished ecosystem in my room once we're finished!

No comments: