Monday, February 28, 2011

Center Activities!

Since I've been looking through Mailboxes lately, I've been finding awesome and simple center activities.

Cupcake Compound Eggs

I bought plastic eggs from the Dollar Tree and wrote the words on the eggs. The kids saw a glimpse of them and got excited. Of course, they thought there was candy inside and not a learning tool, but that's ok :)


Addition/Subtraction Clothespin Manipulatives

I wrapped a hanger in yarn to make it look cuter. The kids will clip on the amount of each addend to find the sum. Same for subtraction. Just something different for the kids to play around with and help them add or subtract!


Calendar Stories

I LOVE finding calendars for $.50 and buying tons of them to use for writing activities for the kids. When I taught the older kids, I loved using pictures and props to spur on their creative juices. It's a little more difficult to get the little ones to start thinking of ideas on their own, but I guess it's a perfect time to model, model, model!


No comments: