Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Challenging Question of the Day

You know those questions that a kid asks randomly that stops you in your tracks and leaves you speechless? I had one of those thrown at me today!

We're all working nicely on the carpet, practicing writing in a Venn Diagram comparing Abe Lincoln and George Washington, when suddenly out of the scritch-scratching of pencils comes a high pitched voice, "Ms. Riddle, are humans part animal?"

Ummm? What do you say to that? I could talk about evolution, but then I would have to talk about creation and that would ruin the awesome concentration of the class. That's some deep thinking right there.

I resorted in saying, "We are all living things. Just like plants are living, animals are living, so are we. Now get back to work :)" With a great big smile on my face.

What do you say to that?

No comments: