Monday, February 21, 2011

Place Value Fishing!

One of the kindergarden teachers gave me the idea, so all the credit goes to Ms. Cone! She showed me the pattern of fish she was cutting out and explained that she was making a fishing game. I loved the idea, so I decided to make one of my own! They are di-cut fish with magnets on the back. I found little place value flash cards and used sticky-tac to attach the flash cards to the fish. Then, I tied some yarn to a dowel with some paper clips at the end for the fishing pole. I had just purchased an aquarium for my classroom and used the big box from it as the "fish tank" for our place value fishing game! You can put any sort of flash card on the fish which makes it a great center game. The kids love playing with it, and get lots of practice with math!


No comments: