Thursday, August 9, 2012

11 Tools: Tool #2 Developing a PLN

Oh, teaching and its acronyms... A new one I learned today is PLN. A PLN is a Professional Learning Network, which you can learn new ideas from, exchange lessons, interact with other teachers, etc. And what do you know! I've been doing this all along! Most of the blogs I follow are on the left hand side of my blog. I also use Google Reader to keep up with all of the posts! Another "Google Reader" type app is Diigo. I've never used it but, if you want to venture out and look into it, go for it!

I have really enjoyed blogging over the past two years, and now that I've found the Blogger app, it will be even easier! I think it's a great way to inform parents, colleagues, and fellow teachers about the awesome things going on in classrooms everyday.

Pinterest.com has also been an awesome PLN and source of ideas as well. If you aren't pinning like crazy, I suggest you start! Great ideas from teachers and home schooling moms as well!

No comments: