Thursday, August 16, 2012

Donorschoose.org






 The music teacher in my school said she has had two projects funded already so far for recorders and keyboards. Another kinder teacher received a very large carpet for carpet time, and another third grade teacher received science materials. They all expressed how EASY it is to create and post a project. No money is required to post, just an extra effort by the teacher. So, I decided to join and create a project! And they were right, it was SO easy! Every year I probably spend $500-$700 (don't tell my husband) on my classroom. Having some help is much appreciated! Receiving hundreds of dollars of supplies, technology, etc for an hour of your time, a thank you note, and a few pictures seems to be nothing at all.

This year my main focus is to thoroughly implement Guided Reading and ACTUALLY teach science, well, like it's meant to be. I went to a science professional development early in the summer and it made me feel HORRIBLE for butchering my science lessons and motivate me to be an excellent science teacher.  I created a project that will fund science supplies to conduct hands-on labs in my classroom and to share with the other 6 first grade classrooms at my school. I am so excited to see if it gets funded! Maybe then I will be able to do another project to ask for iPads!!!!!  I'll be posting

No comments: