Thursday, August 9, 2012

11 Tools: Tool #4 Google Apps

Google Apps is a great resource to use in classrooms and schools. I constantly share all documents, presentations, etc that I make for lessons with my colleagues easily without any hassle of attaching anything (which I often send the email without the attachment, argh!) In my district, all students have a google apps account that are deemed for classroom use only (with permission from the parents of course!).  I think in the older grades, Google Forms, SpreadSheet, and Documents can be a powerful tool during group work and research projects. In the younger grades, I think the teachers are able to collaborate with each other more easily and be able to have classroom accounts since the babies may be unable to be independent on a computer.

Since I'm very proactive about being fit and healthy, I might try creating forms, presentations, documents to share with the whole school to collect research and teach kids how to make the right choices about food and exercise. I'll start with my weekly Yoga class I host for my teachers. Interested? Yes/No? What day is best for you?

No comments: