Thursday, August 9, 2012

11 Tools: Tool #5 Web 2.0 Tools

This tool is the most beneficial to me I think. I'm excited to use these websites because they truly engage the kids! There are websites that you can create your own comics, books, presentations, videos, word clouds,  etc etc! If you know of any more to add to the list, please don't hesitate to let me know! When I taught 5th grade, I had the kids make comics and collages all of the time and they LOVED it!


I think I may use word clouds to introduce analogies to the kids. I'm going to put all related words in a cloud and have the kids come up with a sentence in how they are related. Then I'll introduce the Bridge map.
Here's one about Michael Phelps that someone created on the Tagxedo Facebook Page.

Another really awesome website in the classroom that's really fun and hilarious is Blabberize! You can choose a picture of your own or borrow one of theirs, then insert the text you want it to say and the picture talks! On the home page they have a talking llama, or you can do a historical figure such as Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Edison. It's really neat! Beware of ads though...I'm having issues with he audio on mine and awaiting a reply but here is a sample.
 

No comments: