Sunday, August 12, 2012

11 Tools: Tool #8: Technology "Toys" in the Classroom

Well, I've been blessed this year to have iPod Touches and Netbooks in my classroom! The Netbook has a camera for video/pictures. I am SUPER excited to use both in my classroom! I will most likely use the iPods for a listening station, to watch Brain Pop and take the quizzes, and math fact practice games. The Netbooks I'd like to Skype, have kids make videos of themselves (maybe from Readers' Theater or other projects?), to make comic strips of things they learned, and use them as a math technology station.

First and foremost, the students need to be taught how to handle and use these precious devices.  Kids don't treat items in the classroom with enough care most of the time, so MODEL MODEL MODEL. If you aren't getting the results from the kids you want, it might be because you haven't modeled it enough. Or they just can't behave and don't deserve to use them.

No comments: